12 Ways Torus Juices Support Sleep
Sleep supports the immune system, promotes the wellbeing, shrinks the waistline, induces clarity, improves skin and hair. It balances hormones. Lack of sleep contributes towards high blood pressure, heart disease and premature death. Studies show that living long term with less than 7 hours per night reduces life expectancy and is implicated in many serious health conditions.
- Juicing assists in nutritionally charging your body which allows your body to rest and recharge at night.
- Juicing offers concentrated and partly predigested nutrition relieving stress on digestion. Less digestion stress equals a more restful body at night.
- Carrot juice supplies starch and complex carbohydrates to boost serotonin production that promotes sleep.
- Seratonin is a sleep-promoting hormone. Juices that contain serotonin are apricot, banana, beetroot, celery, cherries (especially tart cherries), goji berries, red plums, tomatoes and pineapples.
- Phytoestrogens supplied by watercress juice can be lacking in people suffering from insomnia.
- B vitamins are said to play a role in sleep.
– Juiced Broccoli, contains Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): Thought to relieve stress and anxiety. Foods containing B5 also help make melatonin.
– Mustard leaves and strawberries: contain Vitamin B9 (folic acid): Helps to regulate mood and sleep patterns, especially in older people.
- Juiced fruits such as apricots and peaches, as well as cucumbers, spinach, chard, kale, collards, rocket and watercress and other leafy greens supply healthy doses of calcium and magnesium. Calcium and magnesium support relaxation of the nervous system and the muscles. Calcium also helps the brain use the amino acid tryptophan to manufacture melatonin.
- Passion fruit juice contains several medicinal alkaloids, including the sedative compound Harman, which has traditionally been used to treat anxiety, insomnia and restlessness.
- Pineapple and goji berries have been shown in research to enhance and raise serum levels of melatonin levels in males. Oranges may have the same effect.
- Juiced kiwi fruit is a sleep aid. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21669584
- Juiced lettuce (particularly wild lettuce) contains significant amounts of a substance called lactucarium, which is a natural opiate used in herbal sleeping tablets.
- Tryptophan is an amino acid used to make the sleep-inducing chemicals melatonin and serotonin. For juicing your tryptophan intake, try kiwi, strawberry, spinach, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower.
Juice Recipes to Improve Sleep
What we have eaten during the day has a tremendous impact on how our body rests at night. Processed, low nutrient food will keep your body working at night digesting and assimilating what nourishment it can, instead of regenerating for another day.
Drinking bioavailable, high nutrient juice with a light dinner assists your body to use night time for rest and deep healing. Try these sleep friendly recipes and see the difference for yourself.
Magnesium full greens can make falling asleep easier due to its relaxing effect on muscles and nerves, get your serve with one of these green juices.
6 Ribs Celery
1 Bunch Spinach
1 Large Beetroot
1 Bunch Watercress
Lettuce contains natural opiates which have a mild sedative effect.
2 Heads Lettuce
Cherries and pineapple are high sources of natural melatonin, a sleep-promoting hormone, coupled with calcium rich kale, this juice is a vitamin laden lullaby.
Handful of Cherries
Handful of Kale
Half a Pineapple
Available in two Models
T5500 Pro Big Mouth
Cold Press Juicer
Professional Cold Press Wholefood Juicer
2nd Gen Maximum Yield Redesign
Ultimate Home Juicing Appliance
Cold Press Juicer
The Original Small-Mouth Cold Press Juicer
Small Footprint, Easy to Transport
Affordable High Quality Juice
Industry Praise for Torus Juicers
For me, Torus are the leaders in the juicing world, and have made a range of juicers reflective of their standing.
I’ve been juicing since 2006 and have used an array of cold-pressed juicers over that period of time. Some are deathly slow, whilst others are too quick, leaving more pulp and less juice. The Torus 5500 extracts more juice than any other cold-pressed slow juicer that I’ve seen in my time. Evidenced by dry pulp and minimal waste, the measuring device on the jug is proof enough that the Torus is not just highly efficient and world class in nutrient delivery, but remarkable value for money.
As a bonus the Torus 500 is easy to assemble, easy to clean, very compact to pack away (and therefore travel with), and in most cases juices by itself. The tamper is rarely required, and unlike most slow juicers, there’s plenty of space to feed fruits and vegetables of any shape and size. Cutting and prep time pre-juicing is at a minimum with the Torus 5500.
As a parent to three children, enjoyment and safety are also paramount. Some juicers are downright dangerous. The Torus 5500 is the safest juicer I’ve seen on the market, with absolutely no chance of a finger injury. Not only that, the Torus has reawakened our kids love of juicing again, with the easy feed through and efficiency a delight for children to use.
The health and wellness industry is rife with fads in all shapes and sizes. One component of wellness that is undisputed and recorded through centuries is juicing. If you’re going to give yourself the gift of exceptional physical health through juicing, you’re wise to do it properly. For me, Torus are the leaders in the juicing world, and have made a range of juicers reflective of their standing.
Torus has delivered a cutting-edge range of well-built and industry-leading juicers. I highly recommend any one of these machines and I am so happy with my Torus T5500 Pro Big Mouth Slow Juicer.
Torus slow juicer machines are competitively priced compared to equivalent models in the Australian market and I believe a bargain is to be had. With its range of prices and colours most juice lovers can find a Torus machine to fit their budget and needs. All machines have long warranties: 3 years on the T1000 and 7 years on the T5000 and T5500. OmniBlend Australia (the Torus distributor) has a reputation for looking after their customers and has been looking after me as a customer for almost two years now.
It’s important to use mainly vegetable juice and only some fruit as a sweetener. Vegetable juice is lower in calories and usually has more beneficial nutrients, like antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Fruit heavy juicing should be done in the morning or before exercise. This will help stop your body converting and storing this sugar as fat. If you are concerned about the taste of vegetables add an apple or some lemon to into your juicer to transform the flavour.
Your taste buds will become more and more enthralled by the many subtle and rich flavours of the vegetable kingdom.
The vegetables most recommended for weight loss are cruciferous vegetables. These include broccoli, cabbage, kale, bok choy and argula. Juices with high vegetable content are better drunk later in the day.
Maximum weight loss is achieved when 70-80% of your juice is made up of vegetables.
There are various ways you can use juicing recipes for weight loss: One, as in Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, is the total juice fast, where you consume nothing but juice for a period of time.
This juicing diet plan requires discipline and preparation, and should be done correctly. Don’t do a long total juice fast without expert advice.
Shorter fasts are also very effective, especially if repeated. Because you are still absorbing so much nutrition a 7 day fast can often be accomplished without discomfort. You can also get a lot of health benefits with a 3 day detox cleanse as well. But fasting is not the only way.
Another way to use juicing for weight loss is to incorporate it into your daily lifestyle and replace 1 or 2 less healthy meals a day with a nutritious glass of juice. Use it particularly to replace high carbohydrate foods like rice, bread, pasta, soda, bottled juice, and fried / processed foods. This is a healthy strategy for long term weight loss.
- Supercharges your diet with powerful raw nutrients that are easily absorbed.
- Juicing boosts metabolism promoting weight
- Balances hormones which can cause weight problems
- Encourages good gut bacteria to clean you out
- Can lower cholesterol.
- Detoxes your liver.
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Improves skin.
- Enriches your diet with a greater variety of vegetables.
- Improves athleticism and physical performance.
- Vegetable juices are highly alkalizing. Alkalisation is crucial to natural body weight.
- Your digestion is given a break from the hard work of breaking down fiber. Your body uses this extra energy to slim and detox.
A recent study of vitally important microbiome (gut flora) shows that juice fasting encourages the balance of microflora. 95% of the body’s DNA is derived from this bacteria. It is becoming clear that the balance of your bowel is extremely important. For example, Firmicutes bacteria are suspected to be encouraging obesity and weight gain. Conversely, Bacteroidetes are linked to a leaner body composition. Juice fasting was found to significantly decrease Firmicutes and increase Bacteroidetesbacteria.
The same study also found:
- Increased overall well-being two weeks after the cleanse
- Fruit and vegetable juices exhibit high antioxidant activity due to their diverse phenolic compounds (healthy antioxidants that protect against aging for example).
- A three-day juice fast resulted in up to four pounds weight loss.Two weeks after the cleanse, about 50% of this weight loss was retained.
- Blood plasma NO levels decrease during juice fasts. Meaning increased blood flow and place less stress on your heart.
- Juicing brings a significant decrease in lipid peroxidation, meaning a reduction in cell damage leading to aging.
Adding mixed fruit and vegetable juice to the diet over 14 weeks improves levels of beta-carotene, vitamin C, E, selenium and folate
- A review of 22 different studies concluded Juices improve folate and antioxidant levels, including beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Juices reduce homocysteine levels and markers of oxidative stress, both of which are linked to improved heart health
- Apple and pomegranate juices have been linked to reduced blood pressure and cholesterol levels again pointing to reductions in heart disease.
Studies focussing on children found:
Children who consumed 100% juice had higher intakes of vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium and overall higher diet quality than non-juice drinkers
Juice drinkers had lower intakes added sugar and consumed significantly more whole fruit than non-consumers. No difference was found in total fiber intake.
100% fruit juice does not lead to weight gain in children
Children consuming 100% juice had higher intake and adequacy of dietary fiber, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium.
Study: Crit. Rev. Food Sci. & Nutr., June 2015 (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics systematic review of data from 1995-2013)
No association was found between drinking 100% juice and early dental caries in nearly 2,300 American children ages 1-5 years. Indeed juice seems to have a protective effect against caries
Juicing provides levels of nutrients equivalent to whole foods:
When 100% juice was replaced with whole fruit in the diet of children, no difference was found in caloric levels or in the intake of 85% of the nutrients evaluated.
Benefits of juicing claimed by health advocates around the world include:
- Increased energy, reduced tiredness (a powerful time-saving pick-me-up for those on the go)
- Assists sleep
- Naturalises body weight
- Facilitates mental alertness
- Alkalises the body
- Aids bones and joint function
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves hair, skin and nails.
Numerous cure and prevention health systems around the world employ juicing to combat serious degenerative diseases. Juicing protocols can easily be replicated at home with Torus Cold Press Juicers, replacing nutrient-dense for nutrient-poor (or worse sugar or saccharine based) drinks.
Introduce healthy habits, fuel your body with vital organic food – experience the vibrancy of raw health by unlocking the health-giving effects of the entire vegetable and fruit world to delicious effect.
This large study found significant reductions in Alzheimer’s for those who drink fruit and vegetable juices three or more times per week, compared with those who drank juices less than once per week. High levels of polyphenols antioxidants in juices are believed to protect brain cells.
Be your own living proof of the slimming powers of juicers. Buy a Torus Cold Press Juicer Now.
Centrifugal juicers are the most common. They make juice by shredding fruit and veggies into a pulp while they spin rapidly to extract the resulting liquid. These are the most common and are relatively inexpensive.
Masticating juicers crush and squeeze the juice out of vegetables and fruit. This produces both a higher quality and quantity of juice than most centrifugal juicers. The design is also much more effective when juicing highly nutritious greens like spinach, kale and wheatgrass. The latest versions of the masticating juicer are cold press juicers like the Torus, which further protect nutrition by avoiding heat. We suggest these are the ultimate weight loss juicers.